The Elipse Programme
Weight loss that adds up
Join the Elipse Program to eat less without feeling hungry.¹ People following the Elipse Program on average lose between 10 and 15kg over four months of balloon therapy.¹-¹⁰
Simple and effective
The Elipse Balloon is placed in your stomach during a brief 20-minute consultation with your doctor.¹¹
You swallow a capsule that contains the balloon attached to a thin tube. You will have an X-ray to make sure the capsule is in the right position.
Once in your stomach, your doctor will use the tube to fill the balloon with liquid. You will have a second X-ray to confirm the balloon is filled. The doctor will then gently remove the tube and you’ll be on your way. With the balloon in your stomach, you can eat less without feeling hungry.
At approximately 16 weeks after placement, the Elipse Balloon self-empties and passes naturally.¹
A temporary balloon placement does not mean temporary weight loss
One clinical study with 95 patients has shown that 72% of average weight loss with Elipse can be sustained 12 months after the balloon exits the body.¹
Support throughout your journey
With Elipse, you are not alone. You receive ongoing support from our doctor and nutritionist throughout the program.
Work with us to change your diet and exercise habits as part of a healthy and holistic approach to losing weight.
You'll also receive a stylish smart scale and mobile app to connect you with our doctor. Track your progress and share your successes in real time.
1. Jamal et al. Obes Surg. 2019 Apr;29(4):1236-1241.
2. Raftopoulos and Giannakou. SOARD. 2017 Jul;13(7):1174-1182.
3. Al Sabah, S., et al. SOARD. 2018, 14(3), 311-317.
4. Machytka E et al. Endoscopy. 2017 Feb;49(2):154-160.
5. Genco et al. Obes Surg 2017,DOI 10.1007/s11695-017-2877-1
6. Al-Subaie S et al. Int J Surg. 2017 Dec;48:16-22.
7. Ienca et al. Submitted to SOARD. Abstract A278, presented at Obesity Week, 2018, Nashville, USA
8. Genco et al. Submitted to SOARD. Abstract A185, presented at Obesity Week, 2018, Nashville, USA
9. Ienca et al. Abstract 237, presented at IFSO 2019, Madrid, Spain
10. Raftopoulos et al. Abstract 1978. Presented at ACS 2019, San Francisco, United States.
11. Clinical Trial Reports: DAA069 and DAA105
How Does It Work?
Our Doctor & Nutritionist
Find out more about our experts who will manage your Elipse Programme.